Buying a property and need a survey? Need to find out if your system is within regulations?
As of January 2020, the new Environment Agency regulations for wastewater have been in force. These rules are being put in place to reduce the pollution flowing into our waterways. Therefore, if you have a septic tank that discharges directly into a ditch or watercourse then you will need to upgrade your system. Find out more about the regulations here.
Our British Water accredited engineers can attend your property and complete a survey which will cover the following:
- Identification of the system type/brand of plant
- A visual inspection of chambers in their current state (unemptied)
- Inspection of pipework using cameras
- Inspection of electrics (where necessary)
- A suspended solids test (if a sewage treatment plant)
Following the survey, we will provide a written report which will include:
- A description of the current status of the system including any issues found
- A summary of the system’s compliance with the 2020 regulations*
- A diagram of the system
- A summary of issues and recommendations
- Costings to rectify the issues
- Budget costing to replace the system
*We can only provide this if we have full and authorised access to the full system including the discharge point e.g. sometimes discharge or drainage fields are outside the property boundaries.