Last updated: April 19th 2023
Thank you for shopping at The Septic Tank Store.
If, for any reason, You are not completely satisfied with a purchase We invite You to review our policy on refunds and returns.
The following terms are applicable for any products that You purchased with Us.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalised have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- TSTS (referred to as either “TSTS”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to The Septic Tank Store Ltd, Crofts Barn, Epwell, Banbury, OX15 6LR, a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office is at Crofts Barn Epwell Banbury Oxfordshire OX15 6LR and registered in England and Wales with company number 4140360. VAT Reg No. 768 3889 56.
- Goods refer to the items offered for sale on the Website.
- Orders mean a request by You to purchase Goods from Us.
- Bespoke means a non-standard, ‘off-the-shelf’ Good. For example, but not limited to, a tank with a specialist invert level, a pre-installed neck extension, a pumped outlet system with a pre-installed neck extension.
- Website (referred to as either “Website” or “Site” in this Agreement) refers to The Septic Tank Store, accessible from theseptictankstore.co.uk
- You means the individual accessing or using the Website, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Website, as applicable.
Your Order Cancellation Rights
You are entitled to cancel Your Order within 14 days on non-bespoke products without giving any reason for doing so. Different conditions apply, please see the following sections.
The deadline for cancelling an Order is 14 days from the date on which You received the Goods or on which a third party you have appointed, who is not the carrier, takes possession of the product delivered.
In order to exercise Your right of cancellation, You must inform Us of your decision by means of a clear statement. You can inform us of your decision by sending Us an email to [email protected].
The statement must include the Order number, Name, Address including post code and daytime contact telephone number.
Cancellation Before Receipt of Goods
Should you wish to cancel an order prior to despatch, then written notice should be given to TSTS.
You will not have any right to cancel an Order for the supply of any Goods made to Your specifications (bespoke). This includes orders with specific invert levels or additional neck extensions.
Cancellation before production – At the manufacturer’s discretion, a full refund will be given. An administration charge may be levied by Us.
Cancellation during production – If a cancellation occurs once the tank has gone into production, a refund will be given less any charges levied by the manufacturer and an administration charge levied by Us, this could be up to 100% of the cost of the unit ordered.
We will reimburse You no later than 14 days from the day on which You inform Us of the cancellation. We will use the same means of payment as You used for the Order, and You will not incur any fees for such reimbursement.
Cancellation After Receipt of Goods
Should an Order be cancelled and returned where the items are not damaged or faulty, a refund will be given less any charges levied by the manufacturer and an administration charge levied by Us; this is usually 25% of the cost of the unit ordered but could be up to 100% of the cost of the unit ordered. If You expressly chose a delivery costing more than Our usual free delivery, We will not reimburse You for the special delivery paid.
Subject to the condition of the return, We will reimburse You no later than 14 days from the day on which We receive the returned Goods. Where possible We will use the same means of payment as You used for the Order, and You will not incur any fees for such reimbursement.
If You wish to exchange Your goods for another size/type of product, please advise Us immediately in writing within 14 days and We will confirm any cost difference. Where an incorrect size/type of product has been ordered by You, You are responsible for the cost and risk of returning the Goods to Us. We or the Manufacturer will inspect the product when returned, and if it is in a re-sellable condition We will then dispatch the replacement item (following receipt of payment by You for any price difference, if applicable). A restocking fee of up to 100% and an administration charge levied by Us may apply.
Your right to cancel or exchange an Order only applies to Goods that are returned in the same condition as You received them. Unless the Goods are damaged or faulty, You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the Goods.
In order for the Goods to be eligible for a return, please make sure that:
- The Goods were purchased in the last 14 days
- The Goods are in the original packaging – please do not write on the packaging
- The following Goods cannot be returned:
- The supply of Goods made to Your specifications (bespoke) including special invert levels and added neck extensions
- The supply of Goods which according to their nature are not suitable to be returned, deteriorate rapidly or where the date of expiry is over
- The supply of Goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons and were unsealed after delivery
- The supply of Goods which are, after delivery, according to their nature, inseparably mixed with other items.
We reserve the right to refuse returns of any merchandise that does not meet the above return conditions in our sole discretion.
You are responsible for the cost and risk of returning the Goods to Us. You will be given the return address which may be to TSTS or the manufacturer.
We cannot be held responsible for Goods damaged or lost in return shipment. Therefore, We recommend an insured and trackable carrier service is used. We are unable to issue a refund without actual receipt of the Goods or proof of received return delivery.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, please contact us: